Religiously Stuck

Quote:
And there are plenty of good people who do not have a faith.

No joke about that!

Most of my family does not know my religious beliefs. My hubby is Catholic, I'm agnostic Buddhist (you can be Buddhist and Christian at the same time, btw, it's a way of living). Hubby has gone to the Buddhist temple and finds other religions as fascinating as I do.

We go maybe once a year.

At our wedding, our officiant knew about our different religious beliefs and said "God" because to many people God is everything around us, and everything that connects us, not necessarily a person or deity.

Personally, I think that being active in a church, etc can be a lot of work and not everyone needs it.

I don't wear a lot of Buddhist symbols or anything and I think sometimes wearing them would mean that I would have to justify the religion to someone and I shouldn't have to do that.

I don't have much time to post but I wanted to say, I have enjoyed reading all the replies to this topic. They have all been very nice and noninflammatory and have also shown a diversity among ideas and beliefs in each posters message. Many of which think as we do.

There is one common thread among all of them. It is a personal journey for each individual to find the answers and/or the place they feel they fit in the most at that particular time in their life. And as each individual learns and grows, that journey will take them on many paths neither right or wrong. It is both a personal and spiritual growth. It is a journey thousands before have taken and thousands after you will take.

Many blessings to you on your personal journey to find what gives you peace and happiness.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom