Relocating coon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Why can the poster NOT relocate them? They are everywhere dependant on where you live, I prefer to relocate if possible as well. I'm not a fan of killing the wildlife that was here before I was if it can be avoided.

Yes, I was told by a wildlife expert that you must take them at least 20 miles from where you trapped them, or they will come right back.

If you relocate, you are putting the problems on someone else that does not want them. They probably would end up killing them as well.

I think in most area you have to get permission to relocate a wild animal. The best place for them would be a nature preserve or state park, but I'm not sure you'd be allowed to do that.

Quote:
Couldnt relocate them include relocation into the woods away from homes and businesses? Where they can continue to be WILD animals?? How does this equate to making them someone elses problems?

get permission to relocate LOL

just trap it and drive it 20 miles then let it go on the side of the road if your afraid to kill it. Once they learn to look for food in a consistent place (like a chicken coop or a trash can) they will always look for those things, so your just passing the burden to someone else.

Quote:
Agreed.

Someone relocated one to my neighborhood a few years ago. There were some serious issues caused and it knew better than to go into a trap again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom