Reminder from an Okie - BYC Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityClucks

The Center of a 50 Mile Radius
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I checked again on the BYC Rules - this was a good reminder for me, so I thought I'd share. (I only quoted a couple of the lists - click "Rules" in the Index bar at the top of the screen for a full refresher!)

Dont's
This is a list of things you should not do on our board. BYC Staff will lock or remove topics if there are posts that are contrary to the good of the community. The BYC staff have over 50 years of combined experience with this community and these rules are based on this experience. The staff love the community, but if a member continues to disregard our guidelines they will be banned from accessing the Backyard Chickens forum.

1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.
2. No PETA or Cock fighting posts, period!
3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.
7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.
8. Do not post overly personal information like your phone number, address, age (especially if you are a minor) or any other personal info you don't want the whole world to see.
9. Do not promote other poultry websites that could be considered in competition to BYC. Sometimes it may be appropriate to link to another site that has specific information relative to a question, but moderators have to right to remove links and posts at their discretion.
10. Luring members to other forums is not allowed and we prohibit discussing drama that happens on other forums. We've worked hard for 10 years to build up this community and we will not tolerate people coming in and spamming our members via the public forum, private messages, or emails to join another community.
11. No advertising or marketing of your products or services outside of the BYC Buy, Sell, Trade section. Even posts in these areas should be in moderation.
12. We strongly discourage religious and political topics and reserve the right to delete them at our discretion. The topics of religion and politics should be confined to the “Random Ramblings” section of the forum.
13. Do not solicit donations or charitable requests for yourself or other people or organizations.

Moderation
BYC staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BYC staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
* Do not post threads questioning moderation.
* If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BYC staff member.

I think it would be good if everyone reminded themselves of the rules every now and then.

And all new members? Read the rules first- they are quite reasonable. Common courtesy and respect for others will go a long way here!

I hope I found the correct section to put this in and that i dont get in trouble for posting. I know I was completely confused as to why we (okies) where in trouble. I PMed Nifty-chicken and this was the respones as to what was going on.

"We've removed posts about politics including a debate about Obama and the peace prize which is totally innapropriate for that section of BYC and the debating isn't for any part."

I do apologize if this is wrong to post, I know that there are several others that are usually as confused as I am so I thought this might help clear up some of the problem we are having if all are aware as to what the problem was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom