REMINDER TO LIST YOUR LOCATION WHEN PLACING "WTB's" OR "FOR SALES"

4kidZ

Fluffy Butt Farmer
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
N. Central Florida-near Ocala
Hey everyone,

I just want to send a pleasant little reminder that when you list ANYTHING for sale or are making request for eggs/chicks, etc, PLEASE put your City and State or at LEAST State in your post AND SUBJECT LINE.

This is actually in the sticky rules for this part of the forum, but people have been pretty lax about it lately....and I JUST saw the sticky was JUST updated, but people STILL aren't complying!
roll.png

It makes it hard for the people responding, then they have to ask and by the time the poster respond hours and/or days have gone by in which the items could have been in the mail or picked up! Also PLACING YOUR LOCATION IN SUBJECT LINE will keep far way people from wasting time clicking, and pursue the "close" people to click right way!

Also, this is just a special request, it is not mandatory, but if you are listing eggs/birds, etc., please post a pic of them or the parents. I PROMISE you will get a quicker response, which will then lend to quicker trade
big_smile.png

I love this board...love the info, love the pictures, love buying eggs, and will soon love selling eggs/birds
jumpy.gif
So, please don't take this as a nag, just a way to keep things moving forward and let new people know. That's what the stickys are for
old.gif

Thank you!
~4kidZ

Me too! But, go down the line of posts on the hatching eggs and bird section....a large percentage of posters don't have their location under their profile! :eek:

well, most of the time I don't care where they come from
hmm.png
. I had eggs come to me from California to Maine that did real well. I found that it really doesn't matter where they come from, but how they were handled along the way
wink.png
. Unless it is a pick-up only it seems unnecessary, JMO

It's about both: Index » Hatching Chicken Eggs - Buy Sell Trade.

If I'm the only one that understands why and feels that way, then so be it.

I wasn't looking for an argument, or for people to tell me why it shouldn't be asked for in the hatching EGGS area. I am MORE likely to buy if there is a chance they are closer to me. It took over 40 shipped eggs before ONE of mine hatched, yet I've had 100% successful hatch rate with eggs I've picked up or that my hens have layed.

I WAS ONLY placing a reminder, didn't think it would ruffle anyone's feathers
barnie.gif
It's 2 letters for goodness sake (FL, CA, MI, etc!)

~4kidZ

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom