Removing chicks from Brooder?

tliebi

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 27, 2012
California
Hello,

So i have 10 baby chicks that are almost 3 weeks old. I am wondering when is a good time to start moving them outside. The weather here has been mid 80s closer to 90s during the day and mid 50s at night. I have one hen in my coop right now but I am capable of separating them for a while if i need to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

my chicks moved out 2 nights ago how ever I live in Vegas and are lows are in the 70 which is what they were comfy with inside and they are happy now. I have to worry starting monday triple digits. Mine are 1 at 3 weeks old and 3 at 4 weeks old. with it dropping into the 50 if you could bring out there heat lamp so they can get warm if they get cold they should be fine but no way of getting heat I would wait a bit longer slowly take heat away from them indside to adjust to cooler weather.

The guidelines are for the chicks to be 6 weeks old to go outside at 40-50* night temps, and 4 weeks old if temps are above 60*. I'd say wait till 5 weeks for you, but feel free to take your chicks outside during the day when it's warm! They'll love the outside time. :D

Back
Top Bottom