Removing duckling from the incubator

Here's the one I mentioned that had begun to zip. @RavynFallen Now, no chirping nor movement.

I did. Large, dark shape orangeish goo on top of that followed by a fair-looking air sac. I'm not too experienced to pick out the bills. I figured no progress since Tuesday mixed with a bit of a different color was a big red flag. :(

Unfortunately, that sounds like they're DIS... gone already... :(

This is what a bill in the air cell looks like, internal pip... were these your own eggs, bought or shipped?

Unfortunately, that sounds like they're DIS... gone already... :(

This is what a bill in the air cell looks like, internal pip... were these your own eggs, bought or shipped?

Mine are most definitely not that clear when candled. The eggs were abandoned by Mama duck after a predator came upon her.

Looks like it might've been sticky gooey... go ahead and pop the top off to make sure it's not still alive...

It's been about 2 hrs since we took him out (we put him back in after) and the last progress was noticed yesterday evening at about 6. Still recommend popping the top off?
1f601.png

Mine are most definitely not that clear when candled. The eggs were abandoned by Mama duck after a predator came upon her.

Oh, no! I'm sorry!! You tried though...

It's been about 2 hrs since we took him out (we put him back in after) and the last progress was noticed yesterday evening at about 6. Still recommend popping the top off?
1f601.png

Yes... I have no doubt it's gone by now, but best to make sure than to toss one still alive... it's not pleasant, but it's how we learn... :/

Oh, no! I'm sorry!! You tried though...
Yes... I have no doubt it's gone by now, but best to make sure than to toss one still alive... it's not pleasant, but it's how we learn... :/

Yes, we tried. Just wish I would have noticed his possible struggle sooner. :( I will be sure to check my eggs before acting further. Thank you for your advice!

Yes, we tried. Just wish I would have noticed his possible struggle sooner. :( I will be sure to check my eggs before acting further. Thank you for your advice!

Anytime... just wish I had better news for you... for future, if zipping takes longer than an hour they may need assistance if it's what you're willing to do...

Anytime... just wish I had better news for you... for future, if zipping takes longer than an hour they may need assistance if it's what you're willing to do...

Yes, maybe next time. Just wish it would have ended differently for all of them. Going to go pop the top off of that one. :/

Back
Top Bottom