Renaissance Festivals!

big_smile.png
woot.gif
clap.gif

There is one FIVE miles from my house this weekend! It is the first year, so I put up flyers to convince folks to go support them. I go to one every year in Kings Valley, Oregon (the largest ren faire in the state) and always look foreward to september because of it. But THIS year, we not only get 2 faires, but this one is so much closer!
At Shrewsbury (the big faire) I make masks from my chickens' feathers to sell, and if this new faire goes well, I might be a vendor next year.
I have patternend and made more garb than I can count, so if anyone needs tips on fast/cheap/easy/comfy garb (or more elaborate things- I think those are fun too) pm me! I have been a faire-goer since 1997 at one of the more period-concious faires(or so I am told!) so I know what you need to get by without being laughed at.
I can't promise too much help, but I can give you some ideas if you don't know where to start, and recommend some of the more user-friendly patterns available (I am fairly certain I own every commercially available pattern that suits the period at all thanks to my mom) and tell you which I would avoid if I were you. I seldom use 'real' patterns because they often take WAY more fabric than need be and I just prefur to make my own, to my measurements.
Here's a picture of my group of friends from the end of faire last year. I am the one in the green bodice with the striped skirt, kneeling in the front. I patterned 10 of the costumes shown... sorry its a bad picture.
29884_im003626.jpg

I adore ren festivals...but I haven't been to one in ages.

We used to rent a place on a big bit of property...the land owners would host a mini renaissance faire every summer, complete with jousting!! I could watch the festivities through my bed room window.

This summer has just been too busy and I think I already missed the one at the lake...
sad.png

Its great to see other people with this interest.
smile.png

Tamra of Fort Doom, I just might have to pm you with questions. I am hoping to build a versatile and practical wardrobe for these events.

I know there are Facebook pages on jousting if you are on Facebook? Someone from one of those groups might be able to tell you who teaches jousting.
Its one of my favorite events at the festival, its fun to cheer on your favorite.
smile.png

I am not sure which page of the thread its on, but I posted a link to renn faires in various places? I dont remember if there are any in Indiana though?

Back
Top Bottom