Renaissance Festivals!

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
Who all here loves going to these? Where I am located, we usually only get up to the one that starts in August by Shakopee. But I look forward to it all year!
We dress up and just act silly. The shops, food and different shows are great. My favorite show is "Danger Committee".( HOPE they are there this year, I want to get one of their T-shirts...)
Oh and the jousting, I cant forget that!!!!!
This year we are going on the romance themed weekend, several couples going together.
Huzzah!!!!
lol.png

We have a really small one here in my town. I actually havent been to it yet. I havent been able to go yet. But I would love to go. But we dont have any really big shows at it. A few sword fights and a play or two. And vendors. I read about what went on at the festival in the newspaper.

The one we go to started out small too and has just developed into a larger festival over the years. There is so much to see its best to get there early (we do!) and spend all day.
smile.png

Yep, today I am looking around at costumes online. I usually have it done a lot earlier. My youngest daughter has hers already.

I use to go to Ren faires all the time when I lived in TX... they seem harder to come by in FL. I'm still trying to find a group of LARPers here

I LOVE renn. festivals... Columbus, OHIO has an awesome one.. I love their MudPit Theatre they do Beowulf and a bunch of others in this giant mudpit and then tehy have Nunny Nunsense as well,.. HILARIOUS....

We went last year to the Great Lakes Medieval Fair In Geneva Ohio. Last year was our first time! My son was 7 and dress as a knight, the King saw him as we entered the fair, and asked him to come the the knighting ceremony , but a big storm came and we had to hide out from lighting for 2 hrs. Then the king came to where we were hiding and noticed my son and said, "You missed the knighting ceremony, fear not, fetch me my sword", and he knighted my son(Sir Michael of Lanterman) right there in front of all who was there hiding from the storm, it was so sweet! He really played it up for him, and my son was on cloud nine. Then every time the king saw my son, he would yell Sir Michael, and Michael would raise his sword and yell Hail to my King!LOL!!! We go July 17,th! He wants to be a knight again! Only one other person dresses up in our group, the rest of us haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet! We like the cleaning wenches the best!

I have never seen any renaissance festivals here in Maine. I would love to go to one. A friend of mine had a medieval themed wedding that I got to dress up for...
love.gif
so fun and romantic

Back
Top Bottom