Renaissance Festivals!

I was just looking around some more and the MN Renn festival has a facebook page.
smile.png

I found an Irish themed dress for this years renn. Right now I am in the process of trying to find some renn clothing in the theme "dark angel" for my 17 year old.
The wings are the difficult part. She wants long, flowing ones, not the little ones that sit up on the shoulder blades.

http://www.kcrenfest.com/

We
have a great Renfest in Kansas City. My DD's singing group from highschool got dressed up and sang strolling through the festival one year. It was really great. And they have the best smoked turkey legs EVER! It's worth the trip just for that! I get my frankincense soap there too. And have my fortune read....and shop.....and.....Ok, I love the Renaissance Festival. I've never dressed up for it though. Not that I wouldn't if prodded...........Lol!
gig.gif

love.gif
I'd love to go to one of these once! I love the medieval times! I'd go all out on a costume to.... You all are lucky to get to go to those!

I went a step further and was browsing around the SCA website...WOW! To think there are other events a person can participate in....I am definitely joining.
My oldest daughter and I have made a "pact",lol, to go to the Pennsic War in pennsylvania next year.
big_smile.png

Ok, ok... (stands up, assumes forth position, clasps hands in front at codpiece level then, moves into sweeping reverance...)
"Ensooth, good gentles, thine ears I do beseech as I stand and declare forth proper introductions: Indeed I do, Sir Richard Anthony Terence Francis Wegleswerth, the Pure. 15th Duke du Masion Blanc du Galahad, France; Esteemed member of the Star Chamber, Arbitur Elagantrium to our most noble Majesty Henry VIII" Yep... have been stricken with this affliction for (ya ready?) eighteen years at "The Texas Renaissance Festival" in Plantersville, Texas... Lovin' every minute of it... and, yes, Ah luv me sum chickens...
(Do rise, do rise.)

Back
Top Bottom