Repainting Coops... Coordinating Door Color? (Newer Pics,post #47)

I did do some trim painting yesterday---this color takes several coats to make it a good solid, non-streaky color, as do most red tones. Today, my DH stopped and bought a gallon of the Dark Ivy paint for me and I did some painting to see what the overall effect would be; thought maybe if I saw it, I could finally decide what to do with the pop door. The paint is still wet, so it will darken some as it dries, but here is the work in progress.

DCP_3860.jpg

DCP_3861.jpg

I do think the buildings will nestle into the surroundings better in these colors. They've always been favorites of mine, even though I did like the original green-gray color, which was called "Fog Bank".

I like it! That blends in so well with the envornment of the coops. Not to mention it will bring out Suede's and his gals' beautiful blues.
gig.gif

as I asked about the trim...what does Suede think about it? The girls? Did you get the 'cluck approval'?

I think Suede is pretty much okay with anything I do, as long as I let him freerange a couple times a week and give him goodies. Today, they got salmon and yogurt and took luxurious dustbaths out in the yard. So, he's a happy camper even with the new color on his house.

I don't think you can go wrong with just about any color...it's just a beautiful setup!...looks so "relaxed" or something...

Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom