Repairing a Styrofoam incubator

OSUman

GO BUCKS
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Central Illinois
I have an old styrofoam incubator that has been the best incubator that I have but the problem is that while i was storing it something got to it and now there are areas that looked like they got bitten or cut out of the styrofoam and I am wondering if anyone knows a good way to fix it.
Thanks

Top part or bottom? I've got an old bottom you can have.

No idea how to fix it otherwise though
idunno.gif

Hot Glue............... fast, easy, strong, and will not melt, it's great for repairs to cheap styrofoam incubators, give it a try.

AL

How about that GreatStuff spray foam insulation?
hu.gif
it should bond pretty well to styrofoam and have the same insulating qualities, and once it's dry you can sand it down smooth.

If its on the flat part like top bottom or sides, cut a piece of styrofoam a little bigger than the hole & gently push it in place, styrofoam baters may be cheap, mine is even cheaper cause i made it my self, but 90% hatch rate is hard to beat, no matter what the incubator is.

Its mainly on the top and its about the size of a fist that is missing. I was thinking about that GreatStuff foam but im not sure how that would work. I think im going to try to go to Hobby Lobby and get some styrofoam from there and glue it with the gorilla glue stuff.

Thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom