replacing hens eggs?

ancbjd

Hatching
May 13, 2022
I have a broody hen she's been broody for about 7 -10 days.
she's the only chicken so i know she's lonely so I want her to have babies, the problem is she's the only chicken..
so they are not fertile eggs.. my question is since its already been roughly 10 days is it to late to replace her eggs with fertile eggs?
and is it to early to replace them with baby chicks?
which one is do i choose! HELP

Not too late to replace them. She'll probably sit on them until she starves if she's loyal! You can totally get some more eggs and stick them under her :)

I have a broody hen she's been broody for about 7 -10 days.
she's the only chicken so i know she's lonely so I want her to have babies, the problem is she's the only chicken..
so they are not fertile eggs.. my question is since its already been roughly 10 days is it to late to replace her eggs with fertile eggs?
and is it to early to replace them with baby chicks?
which one is do i choose! HELP
If you give her chicks, do it closer to the 3 week mark. If you give her eggs, how long will it take to get them? She’s already been sitting for 10 days so she would have to sit for 31 days instead of the usual 21. I would say chicks. You can pick out the breed and gender. If you give them to her, slip them under her at night and get them as young as you can, preferably less than a week old.

If you give her chicks, do it closer to the 3 week mark. If you give her eggs, how long will it take to get them? She’s already been sitting for 10 days so she would have to sit for 31 days instead of the usual 21. I would say chicks. You can pick out the breed and gender. If you give them to her, slip them under her at night and get them as young as you can, preferably less than a week old.
our feed supply store got chicks in yesterday thats why im debating on going to get some while they are still young.. i could get her eggs today but i really dont know if i want her to sit for another 21 days..

Back
Top Bottom