Reptile Club! <3

Pics
Also ignore any of those dried crickets— I know they aren’t gonna eat them, I tried it anyways and now it’s just a mess to clean out later lol.
Sometimes I've seen them take them in the dishes that vibrate. It makes the bug look like it's alive due to movement and they'll take them that way. I assume it's easier to get the younger geckos to start that way than older ones.

umm… guys I have a big problem. Tango (male leopard gecko) is lose somewhere in my house. Don’t ask how he got out but he’s like gone. I’ve looked in EVERY nook and cranny I could think of. I’ve torn apart everything trying to find him. I have no clue how he escaped, but he did… I’ve made 10000% sure he wasn’t in the tank or somehow in Mango’s tank but nope. He’s like totally gone. It’s like he disappeared. Help… :th

umm… guys I have a big problem. Tango (male leopard gecko) is lose somewhere in my house. Don’t ask how he got out but he’s like gone. I’ve looked in EVERY nook and cranny I could think of. I’ve torn apart everything trying to find him. I have no clue how he escaped, but he did… I’ve made 10000% sure he wasn’t in the tank or somehow in Mango’s tank but nope. He’s like totally gone. It’s like he disappeared. Help… :th
Oh dear!

That exact same thing happened to me a few years ago when I had a leopard gecko.
We had almost given up hope of ever finding him again and then we came across him randomly. He was under a cabinet in my brothers bedroom (other end of the house).

Leopard gecko's can go without food for about 10-14 days so you've got a little while to look for him. He may find spiders and things to eat while he's out.

You'll discover him somewhere hopefully. Just keep looking.

I know it's a common problem for reptiles to escape their enclosures so you're definitely not alone.

Best of luck finding him!!

Hoshi (young male leo) did this once. Took us five days to find him. We eventually found him hiding under the water heater (which is three rooms away from his tank).

It is SUPER stressful, I know. But don't panic. Like King said, they can go a long time without food or water. You can also try leaving out water dishes or even hides for if he comes out at night. Also consider if you have any warm and cozy places like under major appliances (Hoshi loves crawling under the fridge), big furniture items (couches etc), or a water heater and thoroughly check under them. Use a flashlight and the video feature on your phone if you can't move the item. Good luck, and don't give up hope!

I've always found my escapees under furniture, curled up in a ball trying to sleep. They find the most out of the way places. This was with dragons, who are quite a bit bigger, but I can't imagine geckos would be much different in their preferences once they've gotten chilled.

Ah dang, that stinks. Spaghetti (my bull snake) also flew the coop when I forgot to put a book on top of her cage latch and she opened the door and got out. I haven't found her yet and she went missing on Tuesday last week. :/

Look under everything, especially warm places. Under the fridge, the oven, the couch. Check even the most unlikely places. At night you can try putting a hide on top of a heating pad and see if you can attract him with that. I don't have much experience with lizards but that's what I've done in the past with my snakes. I've found them hiding in bookshelves, in bathroom drawers, behind the curtains. Just don't leave the door open so he stays in the house. I hope you find Tango, and I sure hope I find Spaghetti! :hugs:fl

Loose reptiles are the worst. Especially when they are small. I hated it when something would get out in the pet store. It would take us forever to find it. Usually they hung out around the fish department because the crickets were close and there was running fresh water.

Spaghetti made a guest appearance in our bathroom cabinet drawer last night, but I wasn't home and my mom didn't want to grab her so by the time I had told her to coax Spaghetti into a cloth bag or something she had gone. Spaghetti is a little hissy so when she gets out its a bit of a job to catch her since she is a large aggressive very fast when she wants to be snake.

Back
Top Bottom