reptipro 5000 incubator

jimw

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 21, 2010
missouri
How the repti pro, measuriNG up, do you like it,
I'm getting, ready, to buy anouther Incubator, and would like a small one 48 eggs or less,
don't know which way to jump, Do want digital.
Have a brower top hatch, and want abetter one.
Want one that can hold its heat.
THANKS
Jim

Reptipro was designed for reptiles not birds. There are issues hatching bird eggs in it.

Stick with bators which have proven track record hatching birds eggs.

Can't go wrong with Brinsea line starting with ECO20

You can use it for birds too
roll.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=430313 Heres a thread that I did.

Quote:
I don't understand how there are issues hatching birds with our unit when we have over 5000 satisfied customers using our unit without any of these "issues" you report.

Fact based accounts of personal experience would be nice before statements are made about the suitability of our product.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've seen them too but I don't know if they are circulated air or not
hu.gif
I think they look very nice but I would not want a still air bator.

The reptipro 5000 has a fan that runs during heating and cooling cycles that occur about every ten minutes or so depending on the difference between the set temp on the unit and the ambient temperature in the room.

Forced air units where the fan runs constantly are not typically the ideal environments for eggs as they tend to introduce dry air into the unit which wicks away moisture from the eggs. Moisture really is key to high hatch rates. The ReptiPro 5000 holds humidity at about 55-65% so at to not wick away moisture and to allow the eggs to absorb the humidity that they need.

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you have any more info on the units? I really think they are neat. I have two table top bators now but I could always use an upgrade
wink.png

We obviously need a lesson in evolution. Birds and reptiles are related. The line split eons ago. Reptiles stayed cold blooded with scales. Birds evolved to warm blooded with feathers which are actually a form of scales. Birds still have them on their feet. This was just on TV for educating children from 12 to 16 every Sun. morn. This being said incubation and hatching of both spieces is similar with the exception of the proper tempretures. You go Reptipro. I have a reptile themostate in my chicken incubator.
thumbsup.gif

Reptipro - clicked on your link, checked out the site. Looks great. I LOVE the look of the ReptiPro 5000 Incubator with 2 Egg Turners. Wow. Need to sell some more eggs before I can get that one.
hmm.png
Very nice and a reasonable price too.

Thanks, but I'll stick with my Brinsea. I know it was designed specifically for chicks.

When RetiPro comes out with an incubator designed for chicken eggs, I'll seriously consider it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom