Rescue babies

My neighbor just found two chicks last night by her back gate so she brought them to me this morning since I'm the only one in the neighborhood who has chickens. Anyone have any idea what breed? Maybe ISA?
maybe a neighbor thought they wanted to raise chickens and changed their mind , and knew you had em so you'd know what to do with them, I've never had chicks dropped off thank heavens. other one might be theres some wild chickens in the area ,who knows. but can't help as don't see a picture attached

Sorry, pic is posted now. I did this from my phone.

Attachments

• 20190911_101159.jpg
    20190911_101159.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 17
They almost look like the Rhode Island Whites I got earlier this year, but there are several other possibility too

Here is what they looked like at When I first got them, but those are hard to come by as they are threatened

53461728_869796006685216_4261373968776167424_n.jpg

20190911_114209.jpg

I don't think they are rhode island whites. I'm assuming ISA browns because that's what my local tractor supply was carrying for their fall chicks a couple weeks ago and these look to be about 2 weeks old roughly.

I have a suspicion about where they actually came from, there are some people across the road that bought some chicks for their kids to play with and I suspect once they grew tired of them they just tossed the chicks outslde.

Last edited:
Well still no idea what breed they are but now I have three. I guess the people across the street bought their children three chicks to play with last week or so and then when they didn't want them anymore they just tossed them out in the alley. 2 of them made their way to my other neighbor's house where she found them and brought them to me. Yesterday my ring camera went off and I saw two girls from across the street shove a baby chick through my gate and then run away. Thankfully I was home so I could go out and get it before my hens killed it.

So now I have three and hope that they are all hens as I'm not allowed to have roosters. I tried to talk to the people across the street who abandoned them but they refused to answer the door. ARGH. The thing is if they had just rung my doorbell and asked I would have taken them in. I'd seen the kids playing with chicks and kept hearing peeping. They were just keeping them with no heat in a cardboard box outside and feeding them food scraps. I'm surprised the poor little things even made it a week.

Well still no idea what breed they are but now I have three. I guess the people across the street bought their children three chicks to play with last week or so and then when they didn't want them anymore they just tossed them out in the alley. 2 of them made their way to my other neighbor's house where she found them and brought them to me. Yesterday my ring camera went off and I saw two girls from across the street shove a baby chick through my gate and then run away. Thankfully I was home so I could go out and get it before my hens killed it.

So now I have three and hope that they are all hens as I'm not allowed to have roosters. I tried to talk to the people across the street who abandoned them but they refused to answer the door. ARGH. The thing is if they had just rung my doorbell and asked I would have taken them in. I'd seen the kids playing with chicks and kept hearing peeping. They were just keeping them with no heat in a cardboard box outside and feeding them food scraps. I'm surprised the poor little things even made it a week.

that makes me so sad when people get a living thing for kids that don't even bother to investigate what it takes to take care of them, then just abandon them like that, what a blessing you are to those chicks

Back
Top Bottom