Rescue Chick :(

Clucksalot

Hatching
Mar 12, 2015
My dad was out fishing today, when he found a chick! He's extremely tiny, probably on a day or two old, and was dehydrated. I took him home, and got him set up in an extra bin, away from the rest of my chicks. I gave him some sugar water, which perked him up, and got him under the heat lamp. What precautions should I take? I have him away from my other chicks, and strict precautions against my family members holding him, just incase, because he is so incredibly tiny! Is their any special care I need to do?

What lightchick said. The pic icon looks like little mountains. If you don't have an image URL, use the upload button to browse your computer. Hold the control key and click on the pics you want to add. Any chance the chick is a bantam? Either way, you could grind up the chick starter so it's smaller and easier for the bird to eat.
Welcome to our flock!
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Thanks :) I'm doing all this from my phone.. So its majorly different. When I get home I'll get some good pictured taken and use the computer. I'll probably grind up his food, he's majorly tiny, and looks like my EE's did, but tinier and he has fuzz on his legs

Back
Top Bottom