Rescue Chick :(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Clucksalot, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Clucksalot

Clucksalot New Egg

Mar 12, 2015
    My dad was out fishing today, when he found a chick! He's extremely tiny, probably on a day or two old, and was dehydrated. I took him home, and got him set up in an extra bin, away from the rest of my chicks. I gave him some sugar water, which perked him up, and got him under the heat lamp. What precautions should I take? I have him away from my other chicks, and strict precautions against my family members holding him, just incase, because he is so incredibly tiny! Is their any special care I need to do?

2. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    Could you post a pic?

3. Clucksalot

Clucksalot New Egg

Mar 12, 2015
    How do I ?

4. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Um... Well when you reply there will be a row of buttons at the top of the reply window with various symbols on it click the one with a square picture thingy on it and then select a picture from your computer.

5. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    What lightchick said. The pic icon looks like little mountains. If you don't have an image URL, use the upload button to browse your computer. Hold the control key and click on the pics you want to add. Any chance the chick is a bantam? Either way, you could grind up the chick starter so it's smaller and easier for the bird to eat.
    Welcome to our flock! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  6. Clucksalot

Clucksalot New Egg

Mar 12, 2015
    [​IMG]

7. Clucksalot

Clucksalot New Egg

Mar 12, 2015
    Thanks :) I'm doing all this from my phone.. So its majorly different. When I get home I'll get some good pictured taken and use the computer. I'll probably grind up his food, he's majorly tiny, and looks like my EE's did, but tinier and he has fuzz on his legs

8. lightchick

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Cute! Sorry I didn't see this until now! I don't know why... How is he doing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by