Rescue chickens right where I live ❤

On our regular walk we discovered a run with 20 pretty plucked and poor looking chickens. I knew instantly those are rescues from the egg industry. That was later confirmed by their new owner. How wonderful!
After we had to give up our own chickens due to our move this is making me very happy and I'm eagerly awaiting our weekend walks to bring them lettuce, corn, fruit, etc... :D

View attachment 1541976 View attachment 1541977 View attachment 1541978 View attachment 1541979

Edit: there has now been added a net all over the run.
That is such a wonderful thing to see. Too many ex battery hens get slaughtered without a second thought. I wish more people could/would do this.

On our regular walk we discovered a run with 20 pretty plucked and poor looking chickens. I knew instantly those are rescues from the egg industry. That was later confirmed by their new owner. How wonderful!
After we had to give up our own chickens due to our move this is making me very happy and I'm eagerly awaiting our weekend walks to bring them lettuce, corn, fruit, etc... :D

View attachment 1541976 View attachment 1541977 View attachment 1541978 View attachment 1541979

Edit: there has now been added a net all over the run.
Now that is what I would really like to be doing. Maybe when I'm done here.

Took a new picture today. Can you spot the egg? :lau

IMG_20180928_181030784.jpg

I think so, yes.
They needed to dub their comb,
mine are 2 leghorn roosters ... By next week I am dubbing them due to large comb they are suffering breathing problems n one of my rooster nearly lost an eye. For leghorns combs n wattles become their enemy when time passes. You can see their comb ... How big it is. Both are just 8 months.
IMG_20180911_160908.jpg

Back
Top Bottom