Rescue dog with bloody diarrhea

As I am getting ready to go to vet I decide to google the Metronidazole so I am knowledgable about what the vet will prescribe and I come across this:

Metronidazole kills off the giardia and reduces the numbers to the level the dog's immune system can handle. This is my first choice for treating giardiasis in Beagles. I purchase the Metronidazole tablets from from Lambert Vet Supply without a prescription and for a lot less money. I have seen Vet bills charging as much as $15.00 for two (2) 250 mg tablets. I buy a product called FISH-ZOLE which is simply the prescription Metronidazole (Rx) bottled and labeled for fish tank use. It is a bottle of 250 mg x 100 tablets of Metronidazole (Flagyl) for only $11.17 (current price as of 04/20/2008). These tablets are the exact same tablets that you get when your Vet prescribes this drug to your dogs. Let me make this clear, these are the exact same tablets: same size, same color, and even same markings. Recommended Dosage: I give adult Beagles (avg. 25 lbs) one 250 mg tablet twice per day and Beagle puppies (avg. 8-12 lbs) one-half of a 250 mg tablet twice per day for a total of 5 days. In 5 days, your Beagles will be 100% FREE from giardiasis.

Found on Amazon.com for $10.49, so I'm ordering this.

Nellie decided to eat a dead frog she found outside this morning because she is so hungry.
sickbyc.gif

I would take her back to the vet and take her off dog food and place her on a brats diet, My golden lab has had a few encounters of the sort and by that time their digestive system is super sensitive too. I made my dog boiled chicken with rice and potatoes plain, no salt or anything, put everything into a pot and when it was cooked then cooled I gave it to her, not all at once but a couple cups per day in combination with her meds she got better real fast and she gained weight too. after a week I added other things like carrots and lentils, and then started incorporating her dog food back into her diet slowly.

Quote:
wow wish I had known this....cause when my girl was sick, I was paying 70 something bucks for 20 tablets which had to be given to my dog two times per day so 70 bucks for 10 days and she had to have 3 rounds of this medication on top of the other meds she had to have. well I now know...

Quote:
hi, wanted to give you a note on your dog, i am sorry to here this. but i think that the dog has parvo you can look this up on the computer and see other systems that goes with this and see but if it is not gone to far you can get her to the vet the dog will make it. karen

Back
Top Bottom