Rescue Girl with questionable broken beak or malformation

Want to give an update from my observations today.

Thank you everyone for your help and interest in our rescue flock. I've come to give our little hen with the beak malformation/injury a name, Little Lady since she has endured so much but overcome her situation.

I've seen her eat the scratch and Purina Poultry Pellets, drink water without any difficulty multiple times today and even pack off pieces of pear with what seems to be ease. I'm not sure if shes in pain, she eats and packs through her food and even forages through the straw like her normal sister and rooster companion. I'll give our vet a jingle in the morning since he cares for livestock and get their input on the situation. I can email them the pictures so I won't have to take her in and stress her out unnecessarily.

Want to give an update from my observations today.

Thank you everyone for your help and interest in our rescue flock. I've come to give our little hen with the beak malformation/injury a name, Little Lady since she has endured so much but overcome her situation.

I've seen her eat the scratch and Purina Poultry Pellets, drink water without any difficulty multiple times today and even pack off pieces of pear with what seems to be ease. I'm not sure if shes in pain, she eats and packs through her food and even forages through the straw like her normal sister and rooster companion. I'll give our vet a jingle in the morning since he cares for livestock and get their input on the situation. I can email them the pictures so I won't have to take her in and stress her out unnecessarily.
Doesn't sound like she is in any pain.

Back
Top Bottom