rescued a duckling, UPDATE WITH PICS on page 6!!

Ohhh a little friend would be a great idea. Ducks love company. And also you should try getting some frozen peas, pouring some boiling water over them to thaw them and then giving them to Waddles. My ducks go crazy for them. (Make sure they don't have any salt or stuff on em.) My ducks can be pretty much bribed into doing anything if there are peas about! And again, THANK YOU for rescuing him! It breaks my heart to hear of such little babies being hurt. xxxxxxxx
You have come to the right place here, I was totally new to ducks a year ago and the guys here have helped me with advice every step of the way. The emergencies wall is fab, you will usually get an answer to any emergency question within minutes no matter what time it is.
Also, if we would like pictures/video of Waddles' first swim in the sink...lol!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yeah. That's a muscovy. Cute little thing. heres some of my babies last summer... see the resemblance?

35720_babes4.jpg

Muscovies tend to have more almond shaped eyes than mallard derived breeds. Plus they have MONSTER feet and big claws for their size. I think it is a scovie.

hi everyone,
i think it is a girl, i attempted to vent sex and nothing popped out...
but well have to wait,
this morning i made her a mix of allsorts:
bread, peas, left over pasta, broccoli, canned dog food, lettuce and electrolites.

she loved it!!! had finnished it all when i got back at 7:00 pm a few minutes,
i'm going to make her some more now for the morning
i'm so happy that i rescued her from those little cruel boy's
somad.gif

very very happy.

luke.

hi everyone,
yesturday i bought waddles friends, the man said they were muscovy's, but i'm not so sure,
they are so cute! waddle has grown so much this week,
she has her feathers coming in on her sides.
here they are:
38781_dscn1280.jpg

38781_dscn1265.jpg

38781_dscn1247.jpg

38781_dscn1245.jpg

and her new feathers:
38781_dscn1252.jpg

she is! she hissed at me when i went to take the pictures.
i am so chuffed about her new feathers!!!!
wee.gif

luke.

do you think that the ducklings are muscovy's??
here is the pic of her hissing at me:
38781_dscn1246.jpg

luke.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom