Rescued Chickens to a Good Home

pik0

Hatching
Nov 21, 2018
North Tustin, CA
We are a popular destination for families who can no longer care for their hens. All our chickens are well cared for, free ranging our property during the day and locked up securely at night to ensure their safety from nocturnal predators.

We just took in a flock of 25 Leghorns from the city of Long beach. So we have about 100 hens available for rehoming. Please see our Craiglist link below for more details and pics.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/grd/d/rescued-chicken-hens-to-good/6728883400.html

We are a popular destination for families who can no longer care for their hens. All our chickens are well cared for, free ranging our property during the day and locked up securely at night to ensure their safety from nocturnal predators.

We just took in a flock of 25 Leghorns from the city of Long beach. So we have about 100 hens available for rehoming. Please see our Craiglist link below for more details and pics.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/grd/d/rescued-chicken-hens-to-good/6728883400.html

I have purchased a 2.5hp meat grinder so I can accept rescue birds myself........

If only I lived closer.... I use chickens to speed up leaf composting. Even a spent hen has value in my evergreen (chickens will not eat) hedging plant nursery. They eat weeds out of nursery pots, feed off of compost piles and prep the leaves with Nitrogen pellets along with intense scratching looking for scratch grains. You know the eggs are starting to annoy me... always having to collect them... I can only eat 5 or 10 a day.

If only I lived closer.... I use chickens to speed up leaf composting. Even a spent hen has value in my evergreen (chickens will not eat) hedging plant nursery. They eat weeds out of nursery pots, feed off of compost piles and prep the leaves with Nitrogen pellets along with intense scratching looking for scratch grains. You know the eggs are starting to annoy me... always having to collect them... I can only eat 5 or 10 a day.

My flock has forgotten how to lay eggs. They are mainly old hens or roosters and that are dead weight to the flock. They have become sort of pets. One reason I got the grinder was to make use of the older birds.

If I could stomach dressing out a bird I would eat a whole lot more chicken. After reaching up in that bird and pulling out warm guts I lose my appetite for meat for a week. I dressed out 2 and if I do it again I fear I may go vegetarian. I already only eat meat a few times a week after being a carnivore most my life. I think I will stick to gutting fish, That actually makes me hungry for meat.

Back
Top Bottom