Rescued...from McDonalds!

Update! It's been 4 weeks since we got McChicken. She has been in quarantine and seems to have recovered nicely. We have been introducing her slowly to the other 14. Most leave her alone. We don't really know how old she is. If anyone can help, that would be great.

IMG_8980.JPG

She looks like she has settled in nicely with her new family. Has she layed an egg yet?
She might be an older hen but she looks great. Older hens still give eggs. My flock is around 6 years old and they started up a few weeks ago after a nice winter break.

My wife works at the local animal shelter. Yesterday, animal control brought in this girl. She was caught at the drive thru of the local McDonalds! Not sure how she got there, but there is actually video photo footage of her being caught. She is now being introduced to our established flock. We have named her Mickey. She appears to be an Ameraucana. Anyone confirm that?

View attachment 2528225
McMickey

My wife works at the local animal shelter. Yesterday, animal control brought in this girl. She was caught at the drive thru of the local McDonalds! Not sure how she got there, but there is actually video photo footage of her being caught. She is now being introduced to our established flock. We have named her Mickey. She appears to be an Ameraucana. Anyone confirm that?

View attachment 2528225
She so pretty!!

Back
Top Bottom