RESCUED MEAT HEN..1 month old, when can I put her out in main coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
except the whole fall off the truck part is wrong the bird escaped from its pen as a day old and wandered over to her yard. I bet you wouldnt want anybody taking your birds saying "it was on my yard so im going to rescue it" and not giving it back to you even if they KNEW it was yours.

Quote:
They knew where it came from, so yes keeping it was wrong.......So if i live next to a feed lot, that fatten cattle it would be ok to keep the calf that wander on my land. They would not miss it they have near a thousand. So keeping someone property depend on what...cost ? how many they have? will they miss it ? are they going to kill it ? or any of these.

Point is it didn't belong to them and they knew who it belong to.

Quote:
Agreed.
Everyone should calm down on this one. The bird fell off the truck, and at that point, it may have been more ethical to say....hey, this fell off the truck, do you want it back, or mind if I keep it?

But at this point, come on now, it's a single chick that they cannot take back due to biosecurity, it's worth is zilch, she did not steal it from the truck, it was LOST, and I'm assuming the OP has better things to do than be called a thief by people on a chicken forum.

I could see if she broke in and snatched the bird, but that isn't what happened. Situational awareness guys. It may have been MORE RIGHT to bring it to their attention when it happened, but it certainly wasn't theft.

Quote:
Agreed.
Everyone should calm down on this one. The bird fell off the truck, and at that point, it may have been more ethical to say....hey, this fell off the truck, do you want it back, or mind if I keep it?

But at this point, come on now, it's a single chick that they cannot take back due to biosecurity, it's worth is zilch, she did not steal it from the truck, it was LOST, and I'm assuming the OP has better things to do than be called a thief by people on a chicken forum.

I could see if she broke in and snatched the bird, but that isn't what happened. Situational awareness guys. It may have been MORE RIGHT to bring it to their attention when it happened, but it certainly wasn't theft.

You know, whether I fully agree with these statements is irrelevant; the OP was asking about when to put it out at night. Bet next time she does not make the mistake of mentioning where it came from. Wouldn't surprise me if the OP asks the mods to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom