Rescued Pekin

I'm starting Nursing school in January, but after my year I'm going to try and fence my whole yard. Then they can forage once in awhile when they want to. Tomorrow, I'm tackling a new box for them and covering their enclosure with chicken wire to keep hawks, raccoons etc out. I will keep my eye out for natural rocks to surround their pool.

Do you think both of them could be male. One has the curl but the other is more flat. Both seem to sound the same. It doesn't matter to me if they are both drakes, they get along fine, but I'd like to know if they are a mating pair.

Have you tried giving them peas? Our ducks are usually very wary of me, but if I have a bowl of peas in my hand suddenly I’m their best friend in the world. Plus peas have a lot of niacin!
No I haven't. But great idea. They did eventually eat the chopped pumpkin, cucumber, and carrots I gave them. Later I gave them dried mealworms. They probably found those also. :)

which do they sound like? Drakes can lose their drake feather so voice sexing is the best way.
http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm
I'd take all the blocks out of the inside of the pool except the one they need to get up on so they can get out. That way they have more room.
It's getting below freezing temps here now. I dumped it today. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50s part of the day. Will fill it again. Made a ramp out of a cable spool. The wood is slightly curved. I thought they might get a little better grip and would stumble less getting out. I think your right about the higher blocks.

I had to dump mines pool since we're into low 20's at night but tomorrow we are going to be in the 50's too mine will be so happy to have their pool back.
Pictures when you can.

Back
Top Bottom