Rescued Red Sex Links Looking for Homes (Northern California)

SilverPhoenix

Bantam Fanatic
10 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Penn Valley, CA
Animal Place’s Rescue Ranch, where I work, has around 120+ former laying hens available for adoption to good homes. These hens were rescued from farms where they lived their lives as egg-layers. We took them in as an alternative to the farmers sending them to slaughter, and these hens have several years of happy, healthy lives ahead of them. They are just under 2 years old.

The birds are currently located in Vacaville (we also have a facility in Grass Valley where you can pick up the birds if preferred, if we are given some prior notice), and they have all had health checks and are ready to go! They are red sex links, also known as cinnamon queens, red stars, or golden comets. We have a suggested adoption donation of $10 per hen, but this adoption fee goes down quickly when adopting multiple hens.

We also have a number of mixed-breed roosters available for adoption at our sanctuary in Grass Valley. These gorgeous fellows were rescued from a hoarding situation that was featured on Animal Planet’s “Confessions: Animal Hoarding” in January. They are docile and friendly, and get along with each other.

Please visit http://animalplace.org/available_poultry.html for the adoption form to fill out if you are interested in adopting. If you have any questions, feel free to call (530) 798-5115 and leave a message if I don't answer, or e-mail [email protected], or drop me a PM as I am a regular BYC user (as you may guess from my post count).
big_smile.png

Please don't press Buy It Now so the listing will continue for the full week.

(As a note, I have discussed this ad with the mods already, but if anyone has questions about the wording of this ad or its status in the rules, please let me know and we'll work it out! Not here to ruffle any feathers.
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom