Rescued Rooster- Mild Frostbite

Aug 27, 2019
Hi All!
My daughter and I rescued a rooster yesterday. Apparently it had been out for almost two days sleeping in a tree at our school. We had temps in the high 20’s-mid 30’s with snow, sleet, wind. Poor guy was sitting on ice in the tree.
Anyway, we got him home, isolated him in the garage, set out a floor heater close by that he immediately laid down by.
I was going to set up a temporary pen with an enclosed Secured coop for shelter (extra one have) outside today but wondering if I should let him hang in the garage for one more day. He’s eating, walking, pooping. Temps today will be low 40’s, rain later.
Thanks for any advice!!

Attachments

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Well done on the rescue - he looks in great shape for time spent in the great outdoors. I'd give him a day with the heat source turned off and then move him outside.

Aug 27, 2019
Well done on the rescue - he looks in great shape for time spent in the great outdoors. I'd give him a day with the heat source turned off and then move him outside.
That’s a good idea. This way we aren’t just throwing him out without a gradual decrease in temp. Thanks!

Top Bottom