Rescues doing wonderfully (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jayzandra, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Jayzandra

Jayzandra Chillin' With My Peeps

Of the 7 bald hens I received a few months back, 2 didn't make it. The remaining 5 are doing wonderfully and are becoming more beautiful every day.

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aren't they just gorgeous??? [​IMG]

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    oh so beautiful ! I will like to rescue chickens too ! how do I get started?

3. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    They are so pretty! You did a good thing rescuing them! They look very happy and healthy now. Where did you rescue them from?

4. dhrace2000

dhrace2000 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2012
    Great rescue, they look awesome! Great pics and congrats, I bet the chickens are really thankful.

5. Jayzandra

Jayzandra Chillin' With My Peeps

They just kind of landed into my lap. A friend of a friend of a friend had an over crowding problem and had to rehome a few. I offered to go get them, but she refused and said she'd bring them to me. Kinda made me wonder why. I took 7 VERY bald ladies. They didn't even know how to roost, so I moved the roosts lower to the floor. They still occasionally sleep in the nest boxes even though those are on the floor. I love them! [​IMG]

I can go outside and just watch them all day! [​IMG]

Maybe you could check Craigslist for people needing to rehome their birds, or maybe talk to your local feed store and humane society. They may be able to give you some info on rescuing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by