Research Paper Help- Topic is on Poultry Science

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silkieluver_07, Dec 5, 2010.

1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Hey everyone,

I have a bibliography due on December 7. I need a total of 15 sources (only 4 can be internet). I am having a very difficult time in finding sources for my paper. Its so bad that I am considering switching my topic to nursing since there is endless information/books on it. [​IMG] So if anyone has any thing that might help I'd appreciate it

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

Define Internet? County an state extension offices, an many of the collages have lots of info. Go to a feed store an ask questions when someone comes in an buys poultry feed. Use the labels as a source.

3. chickenology

chickenology Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Ohio
    Poultry science is a realy broad topic. What aspect of poultry science are you going to write about? Health? Management? Specific Diseases? Husbandry Techniques? Have you looked in the Merck Manual yet? I'm not sure how much is in there about poultry (I gave my copy away years ago, before I found an interest in chickens), but you might be able to use it to get ideas. If you narrow your topic sufficiently you should be able to go to the library and find journal articles, books, etc. Ask a reference librarian for help... but you will probably need to be more specific about your topic to get very good references. good luck!

4. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Is this a career explorations, class, perhaps?

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:It's for my senior highschool English class. We have to write ten pages on a career field we would like to pursue after highschool. The reason why I said just poultry science is because I couldn't find anything directly related with what careers you can do in the poultry science field.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by