Respiratory Infections vs corzya?

Thank you dawg53 for filling in the blanks! You are the man when it comes to this stuff!

DE does NOTHING for mites/lice. You need to use Sevin dust or Frontline.[ More info if you are interested}

Personnally I would do injections so you KNOW they are getting the meds. Again I do not have my info in front of me so PM dawg53 for the amount per weight. I KNOW you can give meds up to twice a day for up to 10 days. So don't be shy with them. I have been to the vet [spent loads of $$$, but was worth every cent for what learned] and was floored with how much they can get with no problems. Keep up the vitamin water and extra foods.....LOL

Tylan 200 is alot more potent than tylan 50. That's why there's a "skip" day or two for the tylan 200, and only a 2 day dose. Too much of it can cause organ damage, maybe even death. It's called overdosing. ML and CC are the same, google it. Dont inject more than 3 days with the tylan 50. Injecting more than 3 days is useless. If it isnt going to work by the third day, it isnt going to work at all. Giving it orally for 5 days is required because it doesnt absorb as quickly into their system and some is excreted. This doesnt happen by injection, it goes after the infection right away, a more direct approach so to speak. DE wont do squat for respiratory diseases, waste of money.

Quote:
That is not exactly true. I have first hand experience eradicating a bad case of lice in a rooster I bought years ago using DE, and only DE, on him and in his bedding, while he was in quarantine. Worked just fine. It might not be the best to use if you have an entire flock and coop infested, but it does work on a case by case basis. It will not kill lice or mites on the outside of a bird if simply ingested in feed, though.

Last edited:
Thanks dawg, Can you suggest any dosage for 3 days, then? Do you think the .3mL will be enough (or too much) ONCE each day for THREE DAYS since they've been sick this long and not wheezing (and snoring) any longer? I obviously did too low of a dosage on the Dyamacin-10 (tetracycline) for 20-something days and the Convenia was not right for respiratory, but it did stop the wheezing, rasping and snoring as the D-10 - but the coughing is on the rise again after 10 days from that shot - I don't want to do too low or too high - what dosage do you suggest?

What I meant with the D.E. is that my two (living in the same quarters) did not get the mites ON them and I assumed it was from the D.E. in their feed? But, it did not get rid of the mites ON the two new ones and I am doing the Prozap on all 4 of them and in their bedding; still just D.E. dusting in the pen. I was trying to go organic. Didn't know the two new ones were coming and had no where else to put them... Won't make that mistake again. Neither will my poor brother who was trying to give me a great surprise.

I was doing fine until my birthday :) when I was gifted with the two new hens (my Henny got taken my a hawk or owl). Peck and Dorothy remain in great health which also leads me to believe that this is not as contagious as taught or that just like in humans who can be around sick people and not get sick if they have a good immune system? My hope and yes I am naive. The two new ones - Jasmine and Snow - had mites, scaly leg mites, and this respiratory thing. The place where my brother got them for me offered to take them back and return their money - I choose to keep them and do my best. My best failed... the vet failed... hopefully Tylan50 and this advice will succeed. If not in 3 days, then I did all I could and I will have to face the inevitable.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! I WILL BEGIN TOMORROW AFTER NIGHT AFTER WORK... just please help me with a recommended dosage suggestion in mL. THANK YOU! You probably have a life, unlike me, so I hope you can respond by Saturday evening. Please thank your family for giving you time to help an ignorant stranger...

Thanks for the direct email contact and help!! Just to let others know - set up an account here so you can get emails and post what you need and learn how to use this site. I'm in training, but really grateful for the Site and the generous and helpful people that are on here as well!

Okay, one full day (24 hours) of the Tylan 50 shots for the two sick hens. They weigh around 2 lbs and I'm doing .25 cc. Coughing is already less; nose isn't runny but still wet. Smell is almost gone. Did the second dose today. I cleaned their noses off tonight to see how they do tomorrow. My original two are still doing fine - no symptoms. Did the second dose tonight at the same time - 24 hours later.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP! Keep sending good, positive thoughts out for Snow & Jasmine (sick ones) and Peck & Dorothy (my original two healthy ones)!!! THANK YOU!!

I will keep you posted...

Back
Top Bottom