Respiratory problems?

silkielover88

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Addison NY
So it's weird, my young hens that were just starting to lay, are coughing and sneezing. One is puffy like a infection, so I have her seperarated and gave her some Tylan. The others have no other symptoms but aren't laying now. My older hens are the only ones still laying and show no signs of illness. I have been treating with vetrx, can I feed a medicated feed? And has anyone else been having this issue? The weather here has been super humid, then it gets cold at night. If that may be a factor?

Sounds like what am dealing with except my rooster and one hen has a swollen eye with discharge. Hoping we both can gets some answers. It's been very humid here as well! How long have you been using the the Vetrx? I was gonna pick some up tomorrow. Do you think it's been helping?

I've been using it in the water for about a week. I warmed some up yesterday and sprayed their heads and under the wings last night. It's weird Bc it's just my young ones that are showing symptoms and not laying. My older ones are fine

Mine too! Well besides my best old rooster (who we killed today because his eyes were so swollen. And covered in pus) but otherwise it's just my young hens showing signs. I picked up Vetrx,bit it's so hard to give them! I really wanna try to get some in their mouth but they just run! Hopefully this a good thing that they're still running lol

Mine too! Well besides my best old rooster (who we killed today because his eyes were so swollen. And covered in pus) but otherwise it's just my young hens showing signs. I picked up Vetrx,bit it's so hard to give them! I really wanna try to get some in their mouth but they just run! Hopefully this a good thing that they're still running lol

Warm up the vetrx by sitting it in hot water. You can spray it on there heads and on the face. Or add drops to the drinking water. It's oil so it will sit on top so when they dring it it gets on the beaks and helps with breathing.

Ok, been doing that two days. They seem to be getting better. At least they aren't honking/coughing anymore and I saw them finally eat something! Someone told me to try local honey and minced garlic. I think that has helped too!

Mine are better too. Someone told me you can give them actual Tylenol...haven't tried it. But they are doing better anyway. I'm more concerned that they will always have it. And will still pass it to other birds
1f61e.png
1f615.png
. So what to do!?

Back
Top Bottom