Respiratory testing in MA?

I know this old old, but I too had that panel done and I still have very sick birds. Negative across the board. Not sure what to do now. . Just try some tylan??

I know this old old, but I too had that panel done and I still have very sick birds. Negative across the board. Not sure what to do now. . Just try some tylan??
What symptoms have you seen? Has there been eye bubbles/foam, swelling of the eyelid or face, or nasal drainage? There are about 8 respiratory diseases that Zoologix tests for. I have heard that infectious bronchitis is hard to capture with testing. The best testing is probably when a necropsy by the state vet is done, if one is lost. TYLAN would help treat symptoms of MG, but nothing treats a virus.

What exactly did they test for?
Please post the lab results.

What symptoms have you seen? Has there been eye bubbles/foam, swelling of the eyelid or face, or nasal drainage? There are about 8 respiratory diseases that Zoologix tests for. I have heard that infectious bronchitis is hard to capture with testing. The best testing is probably when a necropsy by the state vet is done, if one is lost. TYLAN would help treat symptoms of MG, but nothing treats a virus.
"Panel P0018: Poultry respiratory PCR panel -- qualitative detection and differentiation of 7 clinically important
poultry respiratory pathogens: influenza, Aspergillus, infectious bronchitis, infectious laryngotracheitis, infectious
coryza, Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale and Mycoplasma gallisepticum, by PCR."

They are coughing/sneezing and are mucusy. Not really loss of weight. Egg production has slowed a bit but I do still get eggs. No eye bubbles though. In really not sure what to do now that all the results are negative.

Back
Top Bottom