Ressiseve? Dominat?

One picture is worth a thousand words. The bird appears to be recessive white. To make sure, mate the bird to another non white bird. If you get white chicks, the bird is dominant white. If all the chicks have color, then the bird is recessive white.

Normally a person will not get a red pyle type bird on the first cross with a dominant white bird. It usually takes an additional back cross to the wild type parent to get a descent red pyle male or female.

Clint,

Your PM box is full. I can not Pm you.

Tim

Well Aubrey, Looks like ya just gonna hafta try it n see whatcha git, like we said. LOL

And Tim, Sorry about that, I've got some PMs deleted now and I'll try to get you some pics of my hens.

Last edited:
Sonoran Silkies,

I'm well versed in genetics and have explained it a million times and have seen it explained just as many and I have to say your analogy is about the most straight forward, easy to understand one I've seen - well done.

OH NO, My hope was to have Dom Whites where I can make red pyle and goldneck and such!

My white phoenix bantams are out of silver d.w. though, and you are right there, they are nice crisp, clean whites!

Quote:
Yes, this is not a problem Silver sex-linked gene has a dilution action and removes the straw-reflection!

Back
Top Bottom