Rest in peace :(

GMoose

Songster
Nov 23, 2021
Pa
Hey everyone, my coop got attacked saturday night by 3+ cayotes and they somehow got into it. Even though it was a "cayote proof coop". Well 7 chickens and my main goose "goosie" who I was very attached to did die, 5 of our chickens did survive and are all okay, our other goose "moosey" did survive and is fine aswell, she has been alone since the attack and she seems okay but when it gets dark she starts feeling very disturbed I have to trap her back into the (now actually cayote proof) coop, and it's quite saddening to watch, im working as fast as I can to get her another goose but I just wanted to know if there is anything I can do other then spending time with her which is a bit hard because its 5 degrees outside :(, also the goose we're looking for must be a female goose. Any specific breeds that would go along well with a small female pilgrim (moosey)?

We had metal wire, and it was right before it dropped to bellow zero, I guess they can rip through one layer of metal, we reinforced it with 4 layers and planks

Back
Top Bottom