Restart hens laying

Hmm I dont really agree with that but ok. They werent laying and after one day of lentils I noticed a difference. Have you tried it?
I tried a bunch of different things (moving the flock indoors with a HEPA filter, and adding turmeric, cayenne pepper, inositol, apple cider vinegar and activated charcoal to their feed. Their production went from 1.5 to 3.5 dozen per day after a few days. Yesterday I gave them lentils at 6am and by 11am noticed the first jumbo ISA Brown egg in several weeks. Not sure if any one thing here helped but their production is much better now, not like early January (6doz/day) but better than early February (1.5 doz/day).

This sounds interesting, I only have 3 chickens, they are 18 months old and had a small moult in January of all times. Anyway, 2 of them are back to normal productivity, but the Calder Ranger, last laid a couple of tiny eggs in December, still on strike although perfectly healthy. I going to try cooked lentils to see if she will start back up.
Do you cook them until they are soft? Do you mix anything in with them?
Many thanks

This sounds interesting, I only have 3 chickens, they are 18 months old and had a small moult in January of all times. Anyway, 2 of them are back to normal productivity, but the Calder Ranger, last laid a couple of tiny eggs in December, still on strike although perfectly healthy. I going to try cooked lentils to see if she will start back up.
Many thanks
I just gave them raw but @MamaPoult says she cooks them. I imagine they'd eat more if cooked.

Does anyone here have ducks? If so are they still laying? My neighbor and I both noticed our ducks are laying as usual but not the chickens. I thought thought this might be due to environmental pollutant. But maybe ducks have a different internal calendar?

Many thanks
Yes I do until soft and no othermix ins than water . I put a half cup lentils in 1 and a half cup water and cook until soft you will notice the lentils soak up nearly all the water. That amount feeds my flock on 11 birds. Be sure to put them in a large pot since they expand. I've never fed them raw but I'm sure you could😊. Be sure not to burn them because it smells really bad, talking from experience😔. I hope it works for you and happy laying!! One more thing, dont feed them everyday or it'll give your chickens some runny droppings😬

Yes I do until soft and no othermix ins than water . I put a half cup lentils in 1 and a half cup water and cook until soft you will notice the lentils soak up nearly all the water. That amount feeds my flock on 11 birds. Be sure to put them in a large pot since they expand. I've never fed them raw but I'm sure you could😊. Be sure not to burn them because it smells really bad, talking from experience😔. I hope it works for you and happy laying!! One more thing, dont feed them everyday or it'll give your chickens some runny droppings😬

Back
Top Bottom