restrictive covenants

Great story
big_smile.png

Personally, I'd rather live with the possibility my neighbor decides to paint his house pink with green trim than pay fees to someone else so they can tell me what shade of curtains I am allowed to put in my front window

No kidding. I love my goofy little neighborhood. I have no HOA and I am in the county. Sometimes you do get a slob, but usually we just have interesting people who paint their fence pink. We even have one guy with a UFO replica on his roof! LOL

As for property values, they are down EVERYWHERE. I live next to a bank repo. My ducks want it on the record that it isn't their fault
big_smile.png

Last edited:
South Austin, where Kelso used to live is about as eclectic as any area around, funny fences, strange colored homes, poultry and goats and in general, better home values than many areas around Austin. The lots are also very small, so everything is on top of everything else. The MUD board needs to realize that chickens are allowed, and even found in many parts of Austin, and don't seem to be hurting home values. Austin even has the "Funky Chicken Coop" tour. What you have is ignorant board members, who don't like chickens.

mom'sfolly :

South Austin, where Kelso used to live is about as eclectic as any area around, funny fences, strange colored homes, poultry and goats and in general, better home values than many areas around Austin. The lots are also very small, so everything is on top of everything else. The MUD board needs to realize that chickens are allowed, and even found in many parts of Austin, and don't seem to be hurting home values. Austin even has the "Funky Chicken Coop" tour. What you have is ignorant board members, who don't like chickens.

Absolutely true! I still have my bumper sticker: "South Austin, We're All Here Cause We're Not All There."
lol.png
But we did have a larger backyard than most! I love Austin! ALL of it.​

Quote:
I have many supports from Austin but I still Need help!!
How do I do to make deed restrictions "ruled illegal"?
Can I file "selective enforcement of CC&R" based on "discrimation" against MUD? (since I am non-white.....woman.....)
Another thing, austin is annexing north austin MUD district in 2012. Since MUD claimed they have right to enforce CC&R and I am not in HOA community, once austin takes over, who has the right to enforce CC&R?

First, you need to find out what happens to the MUD when you are annexed. Also look through the restrictions and see if there are circumstances that void them. You can call the city and ask them what happens--if Austin is annexing as much as this thread implies, then chances are that similar scenarios have already arisen.

Quote:
I did e-mail a city official who is in charge of annexation, she said all CC&R will still remain even after annexation. I also asked her who will have the authority to enforce CC&R (now is MUD)after city takes over, she hasn't rely yet.

Back
Top Bottom