retirement & moving (LONG)

If I would move, it would be to one of these places: Tennessee; the area between San Antonio and Austin, or up real near Louisville Kentucky.
I live near Tampa Florida. For the most part I love living here, and love the lifestyle. Florida, tho , has alot of problems, but I guess everywhere has problems.-Karen

Quote:
LOL, you wouldn't be out in your undies here in CT today that's for sure. And yup, it does get humid in the summer. If we were to relocate I would start checking out PA and OH. I haven't seen a lot of the country though.

Just happened to see a Retire Tennessee advertisement when we were out on the Harley on Monday.
big_smile.png

I've been living in the Middle TN area for 20 years (transplant from NJ) and absolutely love it here! I've lived in White, Jackson, Putnam and Overton counties and they are all beautiful, in their own ways.

Dawn

You should check out Arizona also if you want low humidity. We lived in the Phoenix valley for 20 years but have moved to the mountain area now along the Verde river. We love it!!!

Arizona is a pretty good place. I really like it. Where I live, it can get pretty hot (up to 115 degrees or even 120 degrees sometimes in the summer) but there isn't a lot of humidity and it only rains a couple days a year, and it never snows. Sometimes the birdbath freezes during the night in the winter, but it doesn't snow. So it just depends on what part of AZ you go to.
smile.png

Texas is pretty nice. Some places are not very pretty but some places are beautiful. In summer it can get to 100 degrees or over. In winter the high is usually around 40 on most winter days. If you want snow then don't move here but if you don't want snow come on down! IF it ever snows here, we usually don't get more than 1 inch. At least where I live. I'd love to have a fellow BYCer nearby!

I just retired this summer (military) and moved from Alaska to Alabama and I was in your shoes as well. I was looking at all sorts of places online because I wanted to buy some land also.

I was looking at the south east Oklahoma area (around Potenau) and in the area just south and east of Dallas, Texas. Also in northern Arkansas. There seamed to be lots of land for sale in those areas but I settled for Alabama because I have 2 sisters that live here and I hadn't seen them in about 12 years. I bought a 3 bedroom house with 8 acres of land here in Alabama for $117,500. Property tax is only $378.00 a year for this place and once you reach 60 or 62 you no longer have to pay property tax in the state of Alabama.

It sure was a tough decision because I had never lived in ANY of these areas and it was kinda like throwing a dart at the map of the US.

I did a lot of looking at unitedcountry dot com when I was searching for places. Hope that helps you some and good luck with whatever you decide.

Jayare

Back
Top Bottom