Returning a week chick back to the incubator.

Cara83

Songster
Sep 9, 2021
Hi first time incubator here, I have had 4 hatch a few days ago and two more hatch overnight a few hours ago I took the last 2 out and put them in the brooder both dry.
The last one to hatch and possibly early hours of this morning is struggling a little, looks like it's breathing a little heavy and was maybe to hit under the heat lamp.
I have popped it back in the incubator is this okay?
The other kept stepping and pecking it and it was the last to hatch.
Do I just let nature take it's course?

i don't have much experience, but thinking separating them off so they can recover in peace is probably the best thing to do.

I had one 2 days ago (last one to hatch) who needed some TLC, they were fine by themselves for 24 hours, just kept an eye that they were not getting too hot in the bator, now they are in the brooder with the others all happy.

Best of luck!

i don't have much experience, but thinking separating them off so they can recover in peace is probably the best thing to do.

I had one 2 days ago (last one to hatch) who needed some TLC, they were fine by themselves for 24 hours, just kept an eye that they were not getting too hot in the bator, now they are in the brooder with the others all happy.

Best of luck!
Thanks, she was also the last to hatch only one egg left at day 23.
I put her back in for a good half a day and she popped in the incubator so didn't want to risk contamination so put her in the brooder. Not feeling hopeful at this stage and best let nature take it's course.

Back
Top Bottom