Revenge is best served cold...

Ok, here's the full story... my brother is kind of strange anymore (he's 49, we used to be very close). You never know when something you say is going to upset him and make him quit talking to you.

That being said, I sent him a message this morning and wrote 'Kinda peeved at the neighbors, they leave their trash cans out and they have been moving further out until they are now pretty much in the middle of the road. Plotting my revenge.. ' (In all honesty, I'm just hoping the snowplow will wipe the cans out if they ever do this road again). I also wrote about puppy starting puppy training classes last Saturday and how that went. He sent me a reply about having to navigate blown over trash cans on garbage day there, and said 'Revenge is best served cold…', no mention of anything else that I wrote. I replied and asked if he meant to plan the revenge or wait and let it go, and that any revenge that I took outside right now would quickly be frozen. No reply... looks like I managed to make him upset again.

Anyone that knows me also knows that I simply amuse myself with thoughts like 'It would be neat to get a huge slingshot so I can lob a few dead rats into their hot tub' That idea came to me last spring when rats invaded the turkey house and I was out there at about 3 AM with a flashlight and a pellet gun.
big_smile.png
I rarely act on those ideas. Unless you count the time that a co-worker sprayed purfume all over my office on a Friday when she knew fragrances made me sick... I may have had something to do with that baggie of dog poop opened a bit and put in the trash can by her desk the following Monday...
hide.gif

I have no idea of what made him mad again, just wanted your take on what the saying meant. Thank you!

Quote:
I like that idea, although I would use one of the possums I catch in my live trap, it's bigger then a rat.

36435_possum.jpg

Frosty I would report that co-worker to your supervisor. For some people that kind of crap can send them into an asthma fit and could have severe repercussions. You do not know who is allergic to what these days so playing a stunt like that is not funny.

Many years ago when I had a raccoon population explosion and they were tearing up my flower beds, I was a regular caller to Animal Control to come trap them. Later on I bought my own trap because animal control stopped coming out to get them. I ended up trapping 67 of the little boogers before I just gave up.

One of my conversations with animal control went as follows:

Me: Can you send someone out to remove the raccoon in your trap that was caught last night?

AC: Ma'am we're so overloaded and understaffed it would be better if you would 'relocate' it yourself.

Me: I have no idea where to take one to release it......

AC: Don't you have a city official you don't like? I'm sure their address is in the phone book.

Me: (laughing hysterically) Well, there IS the Tax Collector who lives a few streets over from me.....

AC: Then have a nice day ma'am.

That's a great story and I love the picture of the possum with the quote on it.
lol.png

Frosty, maybe your brother thought you were making fun of him or wasn't sure what to say. Maybe you could send an e-mail saying that you weren't quite sure what that saying meant, but some friends explained it to you. Then thank him for his advice and tell him you appreciate it. Or just wait until he gets over it on his own.

Back
Top Bottom