Revenge of the Bantys...*sigh* ELLO!! HELP US!!!

I was going to mention the protein thing too. I had that happen to me, the chickens started picking on eachother and the moment blood was drawn, it was feast for all. I had to seperate and re-home a few chicks because of this. However, when I boiled a few eggs and put it in there all crumbled up, within hours they stopped pecking at eachother altogether. I took my bag of feed back to the co-op and asked them to replace it with a different lot numberon the bag, becuase I suspsected it was "lemon" bag. They were happy to oblige and I didn't have any more problems after that. Good Luck!

There is a huge difference in mentality and actions when it comes to a 3 week old chick and a 7 week old chick. Under most circumstances the 7 week old will be twice the size and will be more aggressive toward the smaller chicks. Plus the 3 week old chicks are still developing feathers that will give them much more protection than what they currently have at 3 weeks of age.
Personally, I'd seperate them. The two age groups are like comparing apples to oranges at this time.
You're asking for more trouble if they are kept penned together.

Back
Top Bottom