Rhode Island Blue

Pics
Do you have updated pictures of him? That color (golden) is probably from the australorp. All chickens carry silver or gold genes, even if they don’t show silver or gold. The australorp passed on a silver gene to him and the RIR passed on a gold gene, resulting in that golden (or gold/silver split) coloration.

Attachments

• 20201229_211544.jpg
    20201229_211544.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20201229_211445.jpg
    20201229_211445.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Thx for the replies, I had no idea where that color came from... He was supposed to be blue with mahgony not blue and the cream color... Oh and they say production blues are RIR rooster over a blue australorp hen, these claim to be blue australorp rooster over RIR hens but who knows I'm far from having a debate with pretty much all you all, I just love chickens... happy holidays

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has had experience in raising/dealing with Rhode Island Blues? They're listed as a cross between Rhode Island Reds and Black Australorps. I haven't found much info on the internet about them. I have a shipment of chicks coming in a week from now but have an opportunity to get some RIBs in a couple of days and wasn't sure if I should go for it or not. I can't find them anywhere else which is why I'm considering this breed right now. Any info would be appreciated.Thank you!
I have the rhode island blues that I bought from Mt Healthy Hatchery. I also bought the Blue Rocks. I plan to try to cross the RIB rooster over the Blue Rock hens. also, the Blue Rock rooster over the RIB hens. They are grown and laying now, so I hope to incubate some eggs soon!

Back
Top Bottom