Rhode Island Red 16 week roosters?

tjesse

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 2, 2013
I must say that I have learned a lot from this site and I'm not sure why I have not joined earlier. Before you look at the pictures, I have heard one crowing and suspect it is the big guy. The two others are kind of an on going debate, they are obviously a little bit different. They have lighter pink combs, smaller waddles, thinner necks and overall just smaller. These two are never apart but the big one is often spotted alone but within sight of the others. None of them show signs of aggression towards each other but the big one has chased my daughter a few times. I'm hoping the two smaller ones are hens, but I am 90% sure they all roosters. If they are roosters please tell me what I'm looking for.

I must say that I have learned a lot from this site and I'm not sure why I have not joined earlier. Before you look at the pictures, I have heard one crowing and suspect it is the big guy. The two others are kind of an on going debate, they are obviously a little bit different. They have lighter pink combs, smaller waddles, thinner necks and overall just smaller. These two are never apart but the big one is often spotted alone but within sight of the others. None of them show signs of aggression towards each other but the big one has chased my daughter a few times. I'm hoping the two smaller ones are hens, but I am 90% sure they all roosters. If they are roosters please tell me what I'm looking for.

All boys. The other 2 probably aren't crowing because the big one is the boss and lower ones don't usually crow around the dominant rooster.

All boys. The other 2 probably aren't crowing because the big one is the boss and lower ones don't usually crow around the dominant rooster.
They are so smart. They are not crowing so the boss doesn’t realize they are boys. I have 6 cockerels that aren’t crowing at 17 weeks because they know better not to show what they really are 😂

Back
Top Bottom