Rhode Island Whites Sexes?

BlackAce

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 7, 2013
I have two Rhode Island Whites but I don't know of I have 2 males or 1 male and 1 female. I know I definitely have one male. As you can see in the second pic, the one with the big wider comb I think is a male. I don't know if the other one is a female or another male, which is the one is question. The one with the wider comb is also slightly bigger than the other one. Both were hatched at the same time.

This pic cracks me up. Lol

how old are they?

I'm thinking both are cockerels. I also don't think they're pure Rhode Island Whites (don't they have rose combs?) due to all that color leakage.

Both are cockerels. I don't think that they are Rhode Island Whites, as this breed is rare, and they don't have rose combs. Its more likely that they are Amber Link or Red Sex-Link roosters.

Ha! I just posted one asking about the sex of mine. Mine doesn't have that big of a comb. Yours looks more like boys than the one I posted, but it could be the different breeding. Mine has a rooster tail.. And big ol legs!

Thanks everyone! They are both 3 months old. How old before I know for sure. One of them does call in the morning and I believe it's the one with the big comb.

Last edited:
The Rhode Island Whites I've seen look exactly the same minus the color leakage. Could these be whites mixed with reds? They are more white the pics are making them look tannish. They are a lot whiter in person.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom