Rhode Island

Pics
Hi! Newbies from Westerly RI we have 4 EE and 4 Buff Orpingtons. Also have 6 Khaki Cambells! Coop is pretty much done! They were 4 weeks yesterday and they need to go outside soon!
1f4a9.png
1f62b.png
curse this crazy NE weather!

This weather is just ridiculous! I have a BO that stayed inside for 2 months this winter because of a NASTY impacted crop. She lost so much weight I couldn't put her back outside until it warmed up again and now she's having to come inside for some of these really cold nights! I really hope it warms back up soon! My girls and I are all getting tired of the cold!

Ugh it's been terrible! My ducks are currently in a pack and play in the garage, with daily swimming lessons and the chicks are gonna need to move into my downstairs shower I think
1f615.png
They are getting so big! Our coop is 25sqft, with 5 nesting boxes, and 2 roosting bars. We will have a 8×10 covered run, due to not being able to free range in our town
1f61e.png
it should he plenty of space for them to be happy though. I'm planning on planting some treats along the outside of the run so they can grab it through the fence
1f604.png
I'm super excited as are my littles. DH did a wonderful job with the help of my brother in law. With so much information and opinions its easy to get into analysis paralysis lol but I think it should work! The coop is painted now, when it stops raining I can get another pic!

It has been a while since I posted. This year we got 12 pullets from tractor supply. A red mix breed. They're almost a month old and doing very well! We also got 2 pekins and these two are a blast!! They are almost 3 weeks old and over twice the size of the chicks. In the coop/run I have 4 adult hens and a bantam rooster. I'll give the chicks a couple more weeks (to make sure no more snow) then put them in the coop with others. We are thinking of the 12, 1 for sure and maybe a second may be a roo! I made them a fenced off area in the garage with a pond to play in. I may have to make it bigger the way they are growing!!

We are almost done with our coop! Hopefully have everyone settled outside by the 19th. They will be 6 weeks old and it shouldn't drop below 50 anymore! Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Hi from Barrington!
I got three of my girls from an ameraucana/marans breeder in Massachusetts, and three PRs from Cluck! RI. They are all wonderful. Hoping to go on some outside adventures soon!

I know the brooder is a squeeze in the last photo... Upgrading today!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom