Rhode Island

Wow that is shocking! My Husband worked with people who own roos in coventry.
Maybe the neighbors just don’t care so they didn’t get caught? Or maybe because they have more than an acre?
That is good to know.
Any idea what towns allow them?
I wish people were not told what they can and can’t have on the property they pay for!
Thats why we haven't been caught for it. Our neighbors don't care and have roos of their own. No I don't know wich towns allow it.

Sorry I didn’t realize I posted that to you.
I meant to anyone.
I hate how we aren’t allowed to do whatever ever we want on the properties we pay for. I’m trying to find a new house in a good town where I can have the kind of Hobby farm I want.
I wish I could just leave RI but I can’t for a while.
I understand that entirely.

Sorry I didn’t realize I posted that to you.
I meant to anyone.
I hate how we aren’t allowed to do whatever ever we want on the properties we pay for. I’m trying to find a new house in a good town where I can have the kind of Hobby farm I want.
I wish I could just leave RI but I can’t for a while.
If someone could breed a rooster who's crow stopped at the property line, then we wouldn't have problems. Sadly, no breed meets these requirements to my understanding. :D

You'll be hard pressed to find more expensive farmland than in RI, so if you're looking to buy, this is probably the chance.

There are plenty of roosters here in West Greenwich. I'd expect Exeter, and other more rural towns would be more forgiving than the more populous towns. Most small towns work on a complaint basis, so if you have a bit of land and the roosters aren't bothering anyone, they don't come seeking you out.

If someone could breed a rooster who's crow stopped at the property line, then we wouldn't have problems. Sadly, no breed meets these requirements to my understanding. :D

You'll be hard pressed to find more expensive farmland than in RI, so if you're looking to buy, this is probably the chance.

There are plenty of roosters here in West Greenwich. I'd expect Exeter, and other more rural towns would be more forgiving than the more populous towns. Most small towns work on a complaint basis, so if you have a bit of land and the roosters aren't bothering anyone, they don't come seeking you out.
Yeah! I agree. Thanks for your response!

Hello everyone, I live in Norfolk MA - Not far from RI. I am starting a new flock again after few years and I am searching for leghorn or leghorn cross Pullets. any Leads? I did manage to order some Cinnamon queen pullets -coming in April. Thanks in advance, I am missing so much having fresh eggs!

Hello everyone, I live in Norfolk MA - Not far from RI. I am starting a new flock again after few years and I am searching for leghorn or leghorn cross Pullets. any Leads? I did manage to order some Cinnamon queen pullets -coming in April. Thanks in advance, I am missing so much having fresh eggs!
I just ordered some hens from Koops Coops in Tiverton (picking up March 26th). They have leghorns listed on their web site - you'd need to check their hatching schedule to see when they'd have them available.

https://koopscoops.com/

The other option is I'd imagine Tractor Supply will be getting chicks in within the next month. If you're looking for full grown birds, though, that doesn't help you. I'd also keep an eye on Craigslist this spring as I feel I often see listings for chicks/hens (several in Foster area usually).

Good luck and welcome back to chickening!

Fresh eggs are the best! I have bantams and I have a hard time finding any around here. I got lucky and got 5 babies in July last year from TSC. Only one was a hen!!!! I kept the silkie roo and gave the others away. I miss them. I had to travel two hours away into CT for a few more bantam pullets.

Back
Top Bottom