Rhodey passed

I am very sorry for Rhodey's passing.

Sometimes, they just go quickly, and there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to it. And, finding help for a sick bird can be difficult to impossible, especially in an emergency.

Some time back, one of my roosters was fine midday, began to fail lightning fast and was dead by nightfall. Like with your girl, there was no time for intervention or to prepare for the loss. Although chickens, as prey animals, often conceal their symptoms, I hoped that meant he didn't suffer long.

Again, I am sorry for your loss. Take care.

I am very sorry for Rhodey's passing.

Sometimes, they just go quickly, and there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to it. And, finding help for a sick bird can be difficult to impossible, especially in an emergency.

Some time back, one of my roosters was fine midday, began to fail lightning fast and was dead by nightfall. Like with your girl, there was no time for intervention or to prepare for the loss. Although chickens, as prey animals, often conceal their symptoms, I hoped that meant he didn't suffer long.

Again, I am sorry for your loss. Take care.
Thank you

My last Rhode Island Red, Rhodey, died early Sunday morning. Started having issues breathing spent hours trying to find a vet who would see her. Lost my composure several times. She died shortly after. It was so random and happened so fast… I don’t understand it.
Oh man that's such a bumber :hugs ❤. It sounds like Rhodey was very important to you and I know right where it hurts😔. It sounds like you were a great chicken parent and did all you could❤. R.I.P dear little Rhodey💝

It's okay to take a little time to grieve for Rhodey before you get more chicks. That doesn't mean giving up on ever getting more.

After I've lost a chicken due to age, predation, illness, my own stupidity, I almost always decide to NEVER again care enough to have to mourn again -- only to find that I've lied to myself and bring home more sweet, fluffy babies.

As much as it hurts, I hope I outlive all of my critters. That way, I know they will be cared for until their very last breath.

Back
Top Bottom