RI Red Chicks

thatradslang

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Where is the best place in RI to get RI Red chicks? all femal btw.

thank you! im a newb and really want to raise some chicks!

First,
welcome-byc.gif
. Secondly, Most people on here recomend getting birds from a breeder, I find them expensive and hard to locate. Before I tell you which hatchery you should use, where are you located at?

i just got 25 from mthealthy.com its a hachery in ohio. Mail ordered them to the post office here in Tn and they all arived very healthy. had them for a week and a half now and all doing great. Plus there shipping was ALOT cheaper than murray mcmurray. hope that helps!

70575_009_2.jpg

Cackle is my favorite. Cackle hatchery is in MO. I got some chickens from Mt Healthy and they were crossed up with something.

ya first time ive used them so im not real expierenced with them, but this time went great. i checked alot of hatcheries though and most including cackle were sold out for the year. i was kinda in the same boat. waited till late in the year to order some new chicks but really wanted some. ive heard alot of good stuff about cackle though! actually guy at the feed mill was the one that told me about mt healthy. i guess thats where he gets chicks from. neway good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom