Ribh's D'Coopage

My son has been sending me gifts: first 10 hidden word puzzle books because I am sheltering in place like we are supposed to until covid dies or???? Then he sent me a dog themed word puzzle just because. He also sent me two(small boxes) of Japanese candy that he found in a store near him. First box sent me to the bathroom in a hurry- hence the need for more tp.

Today i got 4-Family Mega rolls of Cottonelle packages . I wonder if I could trade one for having the grass cut. TP is being horded our here.

He is really a great son- I wish he'd move back home. He can work from any place for his job- programmer.Oh well.
Sorry but i'm really far behind :confused:.
Thats Too funny. TP is a hot commodity over here. I haven't seen our name brands since early March when it hit. Actually I haven't seen any until last week and that was a brand from Mexico. Go figure. you can ship TP from Mexico but nothing local from USA. :barnie

My evenings beautiful sunset

20200527_203436.jpg

@MaryJanet I hope you have better luck than I am likely to as we are leaving the trees in the run ~ which will make covering it awkward, though still possible. Unfortunately that will not stop the wild birds. I blame the parrot family mostly ~ & them I could happily do without. Noisy, rambunctious things!
Sorry to hear poor Alpia is having issues. It's not you. It's just life. If you don't have predator issues ( i'm guessing you dont since its open now ??) you could use the plastic bird netting which is softer and much easier to work with to keep the wild birds out. It looks like Shad has given you some great advice (always does) so I hope there is a happy resolution to this. :hugs:fl

Sorry to hear poor Alpia is having issues. It's not you. It's just life. If you don't have predator issues ( i'm guessing you dont since its open now ??) you could use the plastic bird netting which is softer and much easier to work with to keep the wild birds out. It looks like Shad has given you some great advice (always does) so I hope there is a happy resolution to this. :hugs:fl
Thanks, Pat. We have had a good outcome.

I do now.
I have 2’ of hardware cloth and 2’ of cattle panel as a skirt under the dirt and hardware cloth and cattle panel up to 4’ up the walls and hardware cloth up to the roof which is a full-on roof probably better than my house!
I am still wondering about an electric wire but not feeling the urgency.
I have watched on camera. The foxes barely glance at the Chicken Palace as they go by. The raccoons try and find a way in every few days. But I lock them in the coop part of the Palace at night and that is built like Fort Knox!
I hope I am not tempting fate by saying this, but I am feeling way better about security.
They only free range with me in attendance armed with by big stick!
But electric would discourage the racoons and anyone else from testing your defenses. Besides it would be so satisfying to amp up the power and see them get a nice punishing jolt (sorry don't like predators).

Well, that was one of the better vet experiences I've had. Not an avian vet ~ but she keeps chickens, speckled sussex & some RIR to be exact, so understood where I was coming from . As a confidence booster I was told both birds looked beautifully cared for & very healthy. Suyin may need a blood test @ some point. She drinks huge amounts of water & a little more weight would not be a bad thing but coming out of a moult...yadda, yadda. Basically keep an eye on Alpia & if she shows other symptoms...back we go!
View attachment 2163667

It was actually rather funny.

I got the usual questions but my answers were not quite what the vet was expecting. How many birds? ... 14. Her jaw dropped. What breeds? Frizzle ~ she knew that & loves them. I told her my Barred Rocks were still laying through their moult & her jaw dropped a little further. Then I told her about my screaming Harridans, my Silver Campines doing circuits of the hill screeching & Her eyes grew big. :lau Plus I have blue egg layers. I'm sure she now thinks I'm quite mad. So not necessarily super knowledgeable about breeds but as she keeps chooks herself understands them better than she might otherwise & certainly gets why I am so fond of my birds.

I am relieved & confident I can work with this vet ~ & knowing that super skinny birds aren't abnormal is a good thing because Morrigu is also pretty skinny. Feeling so much better ~ & very reasonably priced!​
I'm so pleased for you Ribh. Sometimes just having a vet that is empathetic but not necessarily up to date with a well equipped surgery is the better option.

Back
Top Bottom