Ribh's D'Coopage

I will have to look him up! I love Tolkien, my brother who is gone now bought me a boxed set of The Hobbit & The Lord of the rings when I was 15 or so! I devoured them so did my oldest son and daughter...they completely wore them out! I haven't read anything from David Eddings in a long time! I will also look up The Two Pearls of Wisdom! If you like dragons...I do...I want one for a pet...:gig...you might like The Dragon Riders of Pern...I think they are a fun read! Thank you for the suggestions! :hugs
Anne McCaffrey is another of my favorites. I think @Ribh might like Marion Zimmer Bradley, the Mists of Avalon.

What are your favorite Fantasy books, writers?
Do you know Garth Nix @ all? His Sabriel is fantastic! Alan Garner ~ though technically a children's writer ~has done the best retelling of the myth of Bloduewedd ever. He's like Tolkien, not stylistically, but in the depth of his knowledge & understanding of mythos.

I think @Ribh might like Marion Zimmer Bradley, the Mists of Avalon.
Have you tried Helen Hollick. She did an Arthurian triology. She did a lot of research & I enjoyed them. Just don't mention Stephen Lawhead to me. He should never have been allowed to publish such drivel!!!!:barnie

Sorry I left the room earlier, but I heard my chickens by my window.(They finally came out to play; and play, they did) What a wonderful time I have, just being with them all! Now, they are in the castle for the night. :love
Seems Jaffar wasn't sneezing as much this evening, thank God, and BLU gets a bath tomorrow.;)

Back
Top Bottom