Ribh's D'Coopage

Good morning from the states
20200216_065326.jpg

Ruffles's and Mel's kids are full settled into Tribe 1 now. They survived that difficult bit between Mum no longer being responsible for them to tribe members. A lot here over the years don't get this far so full credit to their mums. All are on perches at night despite their coop being a bit crowded. They still have to duck and dive a bit for their food and treats, with the treats often just not bothering, the aggravation just isn't worth it.
So here they are. All Tribe 1 (minus Mel who is laying an egg) in Tribe 2 and 3's territory.
This is a favorite dust bath area. The drive has had wood ash thrown on it for ages and small areas get dug out and bathed in by the hens. They don't bath in it for long and the roosters never bath in it.
P2162504.JPG

There are problems. Cillin and his son Treacle are in dispute. It's not even that they don't get on. Treacle wants hen access and at least two would follow him. It's just not possible to build another coop which is what would be needed to facilitate this.
At the moment Cillin is more tolerant of Tyle. Tyle makes frequent grabs for the hens and Cillin chase Treacle away and just sort of ables at Tyle and Tyle runs away. This may change as Tyle gets older.
Fat Bird has some feather problems. The problem isn't serious and may just be to her age and breed. On some of her feathers now the middle/tip either isn't growing out properly or is getting broken. I can't see any parasites on her even with a magnifying glass. I'm going to get one of her feathers and put it under a microscope. I probably won't learn much but...
Although her feathers look shiney in the picture her feather condition isn't all that really.
When Fat Bird is in full feather and healthy she looks absolutely gorgeous. She's a big hen and a bit like Gedit has an easy deliberate walk. It may just be her age.:confused:
P2152492.JPG

Good evening everyone 😊

Jeannie, the unicorn and rider picture is awesome as is the other one :love hopefully we will be able to get some sunrise\sunset pictures again soon.

Your new birds are just beautiful :love
Thank you, Sue. :) That picture was a stunner, wasn't it. I missed all this morning's clouds. Up too late. Love your photos so will look forward to your next lot of shots.

Good strategy. Have to keep watch on everybody. I have to say they really are pretty birds. I don't know what I expected but they are very pretty
It's hard to know what to expect when you don't know the breed @ all & as @Shadrach pointed out they are descendants of the Fayoumi ~ an ancient Egyptian breed~ & are rare out here. These birds actually look more like Fayoumis than Campines with so much colour going up the head & chest. Not that I mind. It's just interesting.

Ruffles's and Mel's kids are full settled into Tribe 1 now. They survived that difficult bit between Mum no longer being responsible for them to tribe members. A lot here over the years don't get this far so full credit to their mums. All are on perches at night despite their coop being a bit crowded. They still have to duck and dive a bit for their food and treats, with the treats often just not bothering, the aggravation just isn't worth it.
So here they are. All Tribe 1 (minus Mel who is laying an egg) in Tribe 2 and 3's territory.
This is a favorite dust bath area. The drive has had wood ash thrown on it for ages and small areas get dug out and bathed in by the hens. They don't bath in it for long and the roosters never bath in it.
View attachment 2027767
There are problems. Cillin and his son Treacle are in dispute. It's not even that they don't get on. Treacle wants hen access and at least two would follow him. It's just not possible to build another coop which is what would be needed to facilitate this.
At the moment Cillin is more tolerant of Tyle. Tyle makes frequent grabs for the hens and Cillin chase Treacle away and just sort of ables at Tyle and Tyle runs away. This may change as Tyle gets older.
Fat Bird has some feather problems. The problem isn't serious and may just be to her age and breed. On some of her feathers now the middle/tip either isn't growing out properly or is getting broken. I can't see any parasites on her even with a magnifying glass. I'm going to get one of her feathers and put it under a microscope. I probably won't learn much but...
Although her feathers look shiney in the picture her feather condition isn't all that really.
When Fat Bird is in full feather and healthy she looks absolutely gorgeous. She's a big hen and a bit like Gedit has an easy deliberate walk. It may just be her age.:confused:
View attachment 2027769
Such lovely photos! Well done to the mums for getting all their chicks to this point.

I take it Fat Bird is healthy in all other respects? She certainly looks impressive in these shots.

Back
Top Bottom