Ribh's D'Coopage

Loving this thread! Can't wait to see it finished and the lotus is amazing!
Oh yes indeed
I hope they were TimTams? As an Aussie exile in France it is very upsetting having to live without TimTams :hit:hit:hit:hitalthough the tarts (lemon and strawberry in season) and eclairs do help a little :lau:lau

On the breeds, if you have the space I'd say go for an araucana - I love the blue eggs and they dont' eat much!

Loving this thread! Can't wait to see it finished and the lotus is amazing!

I hope they were TimTams? As an Aussie exile in France it is very upsetting having to live without TimTams :hit:hit:hit:hitalthough the tarts (lemon and strawberry in season) and eclairs do help a little :lau:lau

On the breeds, if you have the space I'd say go for an araucana - I love the blue eggs and they dont' eat much!
The daughter who lives in Chile takes a bag full of Tim Tams back with her each time. :lau

Oh goody! The Araucana is on my short list ~ for the blue eggs, :) TY I miss French Patisseries. Seriously to die for.

The daughter who lives in Chile takes a bag full of Tim Tams back with her each time. :lau
When mum came over last year she brought 4 of the huge 1.5kg tubs of Milo :eek::eek:plus TimTams and a pair of Bludstone boots for the hubby (I'd got some my last trip back!) and some little ones for my youngest. She stuffed up on the Vegimite though and only a couple of small tubes which were gone before she even left again! Luckily China Eastern lets you fly with 2 x 23kg baggage :lau:lau:lau

When mum came over last year she brought 4 of the huge 1.5kg tubs of Milo :eek::eek:plus TimTams and a pair of Bludstone boots for the hubby (I'd got some my last trip back!) and some little ones for my youngest. She stuffed up on the Vegimite though and only a couple of small tubes which were gone before she even left again! Luckily China Eastern lets you fly with 2 x 23kg baggage :lau:lau:lau
Vegemite. I'm not a big fan but most Aussies end up craving it & a jar of it goes to my daughter each time her church sends a food parcel over. I don't send parcels. The postage is exorbitant & Chilean mail notoriously unreliable. A big expensive study bible the girl begged me to send went missing on the Chilean side. So odd as they speak a Spanish dialect & I can't think it would have been of any use to anyone. I put money in her account for incidentals.

Last year she wanted to put on an Aussie meal for her team~mates for Christmas so asked for my trifle recipe ~ & then found most of the ingredients were unobtainable. And bread! Most Chilean bread uses sugar instead of salt ~ which does NOT go well with vegemite! She finally found someone who does a savoury bread for all that vegemite! :lau

Another morning on the mainland & after all that rain so terribly hot & muggy. Anything we can lug ourselves without paying cartage we do but I'm seriously reconsidering the peat moss. Man! Does that stuff weigh a ton!

Seeing we were there I put in for a stop @ our local produce store ~farm supply people~ for the Aussie equivalent of nutridrench & a wormer. The girls are due to be wormed but one of my BAs is molting & a bit under the weather so I want her to have a bit of a pickeme up.
MEMO0009.JPG

This afternoon's job was to carry the struts lying on top of this garden bed to where they will be needed [15 to the chook pen, 10 to the bush house] then I dug in the peat moss & dynamic lifter & planted out all the things we've been hoarding for this particular bed: crows nests, bromeliads, ferns, fresia bulbs for a spring flowering, talendsia cyanea, minature clumping palms, elkhorns [compacta, which we're told will grow in the ground so I guess we'll find out] ~ & yes we have rain forecast! :lol:

MEMO0010 (2).JPG

Back
Top Bottom